Thursday, December 23, 2010

Cute Hair Clip Holder

Pin It I've been trying to think of a cute way to store all of my daughter's hair clips.  I eventually came up with this:


I started with a piece of wood I found at Walmart for 97 cents.


I drew a little face of the wood.


Then using my acrylic paints, I painted the face - don't worry she looks better with hair.


For the hair, I used brown yarn: $2.50 at Walmart.  I used a hot glue gun and attached each strand of yarn individually so I would get a nice part.  Before I started to braid the hair, I used some green ribbon I had on hand to tie the yarn together.


I braided the yarn and tied the ends with the green ribbon.


Then she was ready for the clips!


All the supplies I purchased only cost me about $3.50 since I had most of the other supplies on hand.  I'm pretty pleased with her and am happy that I won't have all these clips just sitting in a bag getting mushed.

7 comments:

  1. This is sooo cute! Thanks for submitting it to Dollar Store Crafts! I featured it today, be sure to stop by and check it out!

    http://dollarstorecrafts.com/2010/12/make-a-hair-clip-holder/

    Merry Christmas as well! :)

    ~ Rhonda @ DSC

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the cutest hair clip holder I've ever seen :) I'm going to make one! I've been putting off making one cause I had never seen one I loved. But I really do love this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful idea!! I love it!!
    Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I know my daughter would love it if I made it for her!

    ReplyDelete